04 February 2011

And the usual kind of stash...


Brace yourselves for knitterly content...  Above is all the new stash that has entered the house since Christmas.  I have a plan for about half of it.  Everything in balls came from thrifted and recycled sweaters.  The Eco Wool and the Malabrigo worsted were gifts from Laurie (mwah!) and the teal alpaca and Malabrigo sock were Christmas gifts from my folks.  It was definitely a high-fiber holiday.  My swift is going to be busy for a while. 

Laurie also got me one of the most clever books I've seen in a long time - Closet Monsters: Stitch Creatures You'll Love From Clothes You Don't.  I love homemade soft toys for kids, and this book of DIY stuffies is especially nifty because it teaches you how to turn disassembled garments into some pretty cool fabric friends that would appeal to children and grown-ups alike.  Yet another reason to get my sewing machine fixed (and another thing to look for at thrift stores - clothes to recycle into critters).  Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment