28 February 2011

Spring fever


Welcome to the view from my desk.  I thought it was time to shake things up around here with a WIP post... though instead of feeling inspired, I think all I feel is dismayed.  I have not one, not two, but four wintry hand coverings in various states of incompletion, with the first day of spring less than one month away.  There's the (no longer ambisexual) muvv, take two, about halfway done; its partner, about one third done; and two toddler mittens, complete except for the thumbs.  These have been laying in my workbasket in this precise state for *cough* weeks now, despite thinly veiled comments from my husband (the muvvs' intended recipient - "You know, spring may be around the corner, but those morning bike commutes are going to be pretty chilly for quite a while longer...") and signs of incipient frostbite on the kiddo's fingertips.  I don't know what's come over me.  Maybe it's spring fever, as I was loving winter until the recent warm snap, and now I'm feeling a bit hostile toward all things grey and cold.  Sorry woolies, it's nothing personal.  I promise.  Give me a few weeks to revel in thoughts of warmer weather, and then I'm sure I'll be wistful about fall in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment